Saturday, May 31, 2008

3306 South 9th Street

The jewel of the ceremony I was invited to photograph was 3306 South 9th Street, a three story brick home built in the first years of the 20th Century. It was nearly a ruin when local developer Kraig Schnitzmeier and his company Historic Homes began a total restoration. The house is now stunning and luxurious. It's on the market for sale if any of my local readers are interested. At the lower right, 9th Ward Alderman Ken Ortmann offers his congratulations.

TOMORROW: CDPB monthly theme day: corner/neighborhood store.


.

4 comments:

ananda.tashie said...

I dare say, I could handle a bath in that tub. :) (But, I'm pretty sure my kids and cat would have too much fun with the furniture. :o) You did well with the photographs.

Dan said...

Very nice work on these pics. The lighting and composition are really good imho.

I did a series on some of the historic homes around here last year. If you get the chance to take a look there is a historic homes tag on my blog.

Benjamin Madison said...

I like your strange tastes.

I also like your want to be featured feature and have decided to steal it for my own blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great job of photographing this project. I'm sure Ald. Ortmann will appreciate this really nice photo, too.