Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cheapo Helicopter Rides

.
I really don't want to pay the lowest possible price for a helicopter ride. Or eye surgery, tax advice and DSLR lenses. These are important, risky matters. However, St. Louis Helicopter Tours offers a quickie up and down along the riverfront for $29 from their heliport on the Mississippi under the Arch. They have longer rides at higher prices. Why haven't I ever done this? I should get off my rear and go one their long rides this weekend, but only if they can guarantee a front seat. My cameras would be blazing. Would you like to see the photographic results of that?

WHAT I'M DOING FOR MY OWN GOOD: getting back to the gym more often. It felt much harder to go during the summer. If it wasn't for earphones and loud, fast music, I might never get there at all.

TOMORROW: Thursday Arch Series.

9 comments:

Wayne said...

Couldn't agree more. There is something very discomforting about a budget priced helicopter ride.

Virginia said...

For me it's a no brainer at ANY price. Stay on the ground S.T. I know you are above any Photoshop tomfoolery, but the red copter is so vivid against that background I did a double take.

• Eliane • said...

It's tempting but then not really. A little bit like those busses from Chinatown who take you to Boston for $20.

valeria said...

I would go. You'd take amazing photos to SHARE!!
My husband proposed to me at the Dodici Apostoli!
Glad you know Verona. I hope my VDP will help to keep alive your memories about your trip to Verona!

Steve Cuddihy said...

From what I saw on my recent visit to St Louis, the $29 dollar [5 minute] ride is just long enough to get airborne, a very small circle over the Mississippi and back onto the barge.

I do agree, if you go, take the long ride and your camera of course.

My family and I really enjoyed our stay in St Louis and wished we would have stayed a couple more days to explore.

Slinger - Daily Photos from the Twin Cities

Gerald (SK14) said...

Aerial shots from a plane can be great - helicopters though can be very noisy and vibrate more so you might get better shots from a small plane like a Cessna.

The other downside is the tendency to be so busy taking photos that you actually miss the enjoyment of just being up there.

Knoxville Girl said...

29 Dollar Ride sounds like a rap artist. Me, I'll stay earthbound.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes! And good job on the gym goin, pops!

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Also, I wanna go to. On the helicopter ride, that is. I think I got the gym covered.