Monday, November 3, 2008

Autumn Color - When Nature Just Isn't Good Enough

.
When natural autumn colors just don't give your photo enough of a kick in the pants, we recommend going HDR with Photomatix Pro, a fun tool for digital camera crazies. Your humble servant left his mark in this image, taken in Forest Park.

WHAT'S ON EVERYONE'S MIND IN THIS COUNTRY: our future, as they say, hangs in the balance Tuesday. Damn. the Light Side of the Force better pull this one off.

TOMORROW: let's do another HDR. They make my MacBook sing. Maybe it will blow a kiss of good luck to Barak.

BY THE WAY, since I skipped the books Theme Day, PJ of Pensacola Daily Photo asks what I've been reading. Well, not as much as I'd like. This DPB addiction has some bad effects, like sucking up time I could use for other purposes and it's run down my book consumption. Having said that, I'm bouncing among The Drunkard's Walk: How Randomness Rules Our Lives by Leonard Mlodinow, about the science and math of statistics for the educated general reader, particularly how much of what we consider to be causal connection can be clearly ascribed to simple chance; the stupifyingly brilliant Salman Rushdie's latest novel, The Enchantress of Florence; and the quirkiest, most orginal little book of short stories you may ever run across, Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino, in which the formative events of the universe, from the Big Bang to the separation of the Earth and Moon, are described as events in the lives of creatures with no vowels in their names, some of whom are as small as subatomic particles. So, you kinda get the drift of the nickname.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

l'ombre sur ce tapis d'automne est magnifique
the shade on this autumn carpet is splendid

Virginia said...

ONly you would fiddle with Mother Nature. Go for it, we can take it. Wish i could ship my photos up and let you work your magic on them, somebody needs to!

Sharon said...

I just returned from a quick trip to Missouri (Springfield area) to visit my dad. I have a few photos of some wonderful trees decked out in fall colors. They are so beautiful. I love your shot with that long shadow in the foreground.

Virginia said...

I just read your book list. All I have to say is if there were ever two people on the planet that are polar opposites it would be vous et moi! LOL I am just shaking my head. You are a piece of work, S.T. TEll that singing Macbook to blow a kiss his way for me.

PJ said...

I'm going to have to put that into my universal translator and then um,um, yeah, yeah, then I'll get back to you, yeah, that's it, "I'll be back!".

Anonymous said...

good job on this hdr. most make me want to puke, but this is actually effective.

Ming the Merciless said...

I posted similar photo to this one today.