Saturday, November 29, 2008

STL CDPB On The Road: The Marshall County, Kansas, Quail Hunt, Barbecue and Wine Tasting

.
For the second year in a row, the in-laws, uncles and cousins went out with shotguns looking for quail on the day after Thanksgiving. They are so good they have their own private entourage of paparazzi, me, ShadowyOne and U "R" Us. Above, the two of them and son-in-law Brian pose with deadly weapons. Two of them had never before touched a firearm. Lunch and dinner were full of warming swill. Since there were no birds to be found, the afternoon session was shooting clay pigeons. The rookies who couldn't shoot a moving object had a chance to perforate a been can, which was thoroughly blasted by my daughter and finished off by my son. Near sunset, everyone posed for a group picture. Then back to the farmhouse for more swill.

WHAT I DIDN'T DO: shoot a gun. I did shoot a Canon. I am a peaceable man.

TOMORROW: this afternoon is my wife's mother's 90th birthday party. Expect documentation.







2 comments:

Virginia said...

A good looking group of gun slingers if I ever saw one. I note your kids are also packing cameras as well as heat. Down here we have so many deer you can go up and hit em over the head with your gun, not that I would!!!!

90th birthdays deserve a very special celebration. I expect to see a photo of you in a party hat Bob! Hope she has a grand day!
V

PJ said...

I'm with you on the firearms take, Bob. Some of my in-laws are avid hunters and I don't care either way, but I just don't get anything out of it. Give me a camera to shoot any day, all day.

Looking forward to seeing your mother-in-law celebrating her 90th birthday. I can no more imagine living to 90 than I could imagine living to 30 when I was 12! Your MIL must really be something.