Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bug In Peril

.
A VW Beetle sits in the ice and snow on the levee, the old cobblestone slope down to the Mississippi under the Arch. It looks like it might slide right into the cold water with just a little push. Wonder how far down river a sealed-up Volkswagen could float.

WHAT HAPPENED AT THE OPENING RECEPTION OF THE SAARINEN EXHIBIT LAST NIGHT
: it was packed! Couldn't get close enough to many of the exhibits to see them clearly. Didn't recognize a soul (almost always true at local arts events - except for immediate family, I'm kind of a lone ranger in these matters). Not only didn't someone buy me a drink, it was so crowded we couldn't even find the bar until we were about to leave. Oh, well. The show is certainly worth going back to on a quiet day. And I bought myself a drink when I got home
(umm, nice chard).

TOMORROW:
CDPB Monthly Theme Day: Paths and Pathways. It's another weird one.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

I"m with you. I hate a cocktail party that's so crowded you can't get to the bar!!! Sorry it wasn't a lot of fun, but go back and enjoy it on a quiet day. Your lonely yellow bug is great. I have visions of it bobbing it's along all the way to Mississippi!

PJ said...

Well, "Am I Blue" is playing on my blog right now, I think that must be how this little bug might feel. Brrrrr!