Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The First Celestial Adventure of Mr. Antipyrine, Fire Extinguisher

.
In a comment on yesterday's post, my friend Virginia suggested that I am a weirdo magnet. I shall wear the title proudly. Cieldequimper wondered if this performance was, in fact, bizarre. Therefore, here's some more of the performance of Tristan Tzarda's lengthy Dada poem. Someone in this community has to serve the weirdos. Might as well be me. And speaking of weirdos, who calls their kid Tristan, even a century of more ago? Did he have a sister named Isolde?

It was disappointing that I couldn't find the text of the work online. There are reference to a number of performances of the work and a video of the whole thing on YouTube - see the link in yesterday's post to Part 1 of 4. There will be one more post about this tomorrow, then the Thursday Arch Series, then New Year's Day and the CDPB theme if I get around to it, then 2010 lying open before us.

12 comments:

Olivier said...

vraiment très original comme père noël, une version très trash ;o)

Luis Gomez said...

These are great.

Stefan Jansson said...

It's tough being a weirdo magnet I guess, but you do a great job!

brattcat said...

That top shot is truly amazing, Monsieur Magneto.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

If you are a wierdo magnet, what does that make all of us who follow your Daily Photo blog?

I presume that the answer is that you can segment your wierdo magnetism so that it applies to the subjects of your blog and not to the readers, nor to the clients of your law practice.

Virginia said...

Bob Crowe, le Roi de les Weirdos! Has a nice ring to it.

I just have one question. Were there any drug sniffing dogs there that day???

And BTW, I have NOTTA for theme day. Maybe you could shoot me one of your "artistes". Now that would be a "Change" for my blog! And while I'm at it, what's up with the Theme Day AND Blog Day?? Geez Louise!
V

PS I just read Olivier's . I'm LOL at trés trash!

Virginia said...

Dave,
No, I think we can leave Bob's clients out of that category and most of the bloggers! :)
V

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» has said it before, and will say it again: Bob Crowe has imported all of Telegraph Avenue in The People's Republic of Berserkeley to Saint Louis! Problem is, as soon as Bob took them, they were quickly replaced on the Avenue by other equally Berserkeleyites....

Hilda said...

Bizarre seems like too mild a word to describe all this. Love the funky neon colors though!

Wishing you and your family a peaceful and love-filled 2010.

Jilly said...

Dave's comment is right on! I love that second photo you show today, Bob. The Dada poem is all beyond me but the images are great.

Happy New Year, Bob to you and yours and thanks for a great blog.

PJ said...

How many other people were there? Or was it a performance for a table of one, which would make it even funnier.

Mo said...

Love it.