Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Okay, Let's Wrap This Up

.
Dragonflies at MoBot 2

Trotting out a few last dragonflies due to a general lack of new material. Unless there is a special event, I usually do my blog photo-trolling on weekend afternoons. It's just been too unpleasant to spend time out on the surface of this blasted part of the planet lately. I'll scrape up an Arch picture for tomorrow somewhere.

The insects are fascinating, though. They look like they have vertebrae made up of tiny neon tubes.

Should be an big image haul soon, though. If all goes according to plan, on Friday morning I'll get to meet and photograph St. Louisan and rock-n-roll legend Chuck Berry at the dedication of a statue of him. (The sculptor invited me. Details on Saturday, I hope.) This weekend is The Lou's annual artists' open studios weekend. About 160 artists open their work and gallery spaces to the public. You can go from one to another, meeting, talking and seeing. I make the rounds, asking the artists if I can take candid portraits of them with their work. I get some good results, like this one from last year.

Dragonflies at MoBot 4

9 comments:

Olivier said...

avec ce bleu transparent,elles sont magnifiques et la derniere photo beau contrasme entre les couleurs de la libellule et de la fleur

cieldequimper said...

THE Chuck Berry??? Wohoo.

These photos are fantastic. Really!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You did well to catch those dragonflies Bob, I've tried but they just dart about too quickly. Beautiful second shot there with the wings outspread. Looking forward to the portraits!

Stefan Jansson said...

Can't wait for the Chuck Berry photos. Say hello from Sweden!

brattcat said...

Chuck Berry! Way cool!!!

Suzanne said...

I like this post both the photos and the upcoming info about future blog material. Hope it cools down for you.

Carola said...

Both photos are awesome. And I like that you gave me some information about what might come.

T. Becque said...

These are really nice dragonfly shots. I never noticed this about their bodies before. How exciting about Chuck Berry!

Pat said...

They do look like neon tubes. Great captures.