Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Arch Series

.
Arch 2012-02-05 2

A variation on last week's view. A reader from France commented that it was good to see the Arch in its urban setting. Well, this shot is so urban that I was kneeling in Broadway.

I think I'll finish up with the dog parade in the next day or two. (Why can't I get this out of my head?) Big shoot on Saturday, the main Mardi Gras parade. It always takes place on the Saturday before the event and it's pretty crazy year after year. Those pix will start coming up on Sunday.

8 comments:

Olivier said...

Je sais pas pourquoi, mais je l'imagine se mettant a marcher avec une degaine de cow boy ;))

cieldequimper said...

I like it even more than last week's, even if you hadn't knelt.

Pat said...

Kind of like those street lamps are leaning, leaning, trying to get all the way down to the street to make more arches. Arch wannabes.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

There might be some views of the Arch with gritty urban foreground scenes in East St. Louis.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no, why did I click, now I can't get it out of my head too, thanks Bob!! Couldn't go off to bed without my Thursday Arch fix, nice one indeed!

William Kendall said...

Lovely shot!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

This looks like old downtown St. Louis. And that's a good thing. Agree with your reader, seeing the Arch within the context of the surrounding city is both informative and just plain different.

Jilly said...

Really interesting to see it from this perspective Bob. Love the sky.