Friday, June 6, 2014

Sturm Und Drang

Tower Grove Park 2014-05-31 2

From Tower Grove Park following a thunderstorm. This is my favorite light: sunlight at my back and dark cloud behind the subject. The glowering busts of Beethoven and Wagner are appropriate for the post's title.

I got no new material and may have to string out some more from the Renaissance Faire over the weekend (some good ones still in the bin). However, there is something interesting to shoot tomorrow afternoon if it doesn't pour down rain (which it might), a soccer tournament for homeless people. That's different.                         

Tower Grove Park 2014-05-31 1

7 comments:

s.c said...

Great shots. I like these clouds as background also very much especially when the sun is still in play. Good ones.

cieldequimper said...

Germans on D-Day? Now that is bold of you!:-) Beethoven will forever be one of my two or three favourite composers.

William Kendall said...

They're both looking stormy, which fits their personalities. That I came to love classical music is largely due to my mother.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm with you on this Bob, that particular light really is a fab backdrop and highlights the subject beautifully.. even if neither of them look too happy about it :)

Norma said...

They remind me of Grumpy Cat!

Jack said...

These two busts give me the impression that composing isn't very much fun.

Stefan Jansson said...

I agree about the light. A very dramatic effect.