Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Orlando and St. Louis


This was taken a week ago Sunday at that Pagan Picnic thing. I didn't think I was going to use it on the blog. A bit of photojournalism to put on Flickr but entirely grotesque.   

And then Sunday in Orlando. 

THE OCCASIONAL RANT: there are some things about country that disturb me greatly. Guns and violent homophobia are examples, along with people like this who say someplace is safe only when law abiding citizens are packing heat. Idiots. Evildoers.


Which leads to the question of Mr. Trump and what he had to say on Monday. I cannot find the words to respond. I believe in pluralism. Within some loose boundaries, we should gladly tolerate people we disagree with. But Trump is far beyond what is marginally acceptable. That man is so dishonest, so narcissistic, so sick, I...I... 

Almost universally, I welcome people who piss me off. Not this one. How can we respect anyone who supports him?   

4 comments:

Bill said...

Well said!

Sharon said...

I totally agree with you! I was having the same discussion with a two friends yesterday. I heard an interview on NPR with a man who was saying he totally disagreed with Trump's comments yesterday but, he was still going to support him. That makes no sense to me at all. What is wrong with these people?

William Kendall said...

I agree with you, on the sort of mentality behind that t-shirt. Nowhere else in the developed world do we see mass shootings as a typical part of the news cycle.

As to Trump, the fact that this egomaniacal, idiotic con man has suckered so many people into buying his garbage astonishes me. Just how stupid are these people?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Totally agree Bob! It's shocking to me that parents would let their children and young adults think that what this evil man says is right.. the hope is that each generation gets more tolerant, not dragged back I to the middle ages!