Thursday, September 8, 2016

Well, It's Worse At The Louvre


People per square meter of painting, da Vinci's Mona Lisa at the Louvre is way worse. Still, Rembrandt's The Night Watch is what draws the crowds at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum, one of the world's greatest. The crowds in the rest of the place were quite manageable.

Just outside the entrance, two people on accordion and tuba were playing the Bach Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. They kicked butt. If you were down the street you might have thought an orchestra was awaiting you.

A few blocks further on, Vincent was hoping for some tea and sympathy.

Busy day today, ending with a performance of Le Nozze Di Figaro at the Netherlands National Opera.             



7 comments:

Paul in Powell River said...

The day I was there - a good few years ago - there was me in front of that canvas, and just me. A very quiet day at the gallery. And I finished that day with a performance of Fledermaus at the Netherlands National Opera.

s.c said...

I hope it was not a to great disillusion. But other parts of the museum must have been much quieter. Have a nice time today. See you tomorrow.

biebkriebels said...

I hadn't seen your post of yesterday, I was probably to busy with Stef's medical issues. That sounds not like a nice travel. I had heard about the problems with British Airways and their computer disruptions. To miss a bag is terrible, hope it will return soon. Also medical problems for you sounds like the vibes are not good here at the moment for eldery men... See you tomorrow!

Marianne

Halcyon said...

Looks like you are enjoying all Amsterdam has to offer!

Norma said...

I would have been outside with the accordion players.

William Kendall said...

That is a lot of people. I know the painting well; I'd like to see it personally someday.

Bill said...

What a crowd! Love seeing the classic painting.