Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Timely Tee Shirt


I was sorting through tee shirts while packing last night and came across this old one. It's from the Truisms series by one of my favorite contemporary artists, Jenny Holzer. Her modus operandi is streams of aphorisms, thrown at us like water over the falls, or sometimes a single sentence that burns for long periods of time. I first encountered her work many years ago while walking down Picadilly in London and saw these words projected on the side of The Ritz Hotel: You cannot stop hunger by drawing a cake.

Obviously low on material but I won't need this shirt where we're going. (No, it's not Canada.) May or may not have a post tomorrow. Maybe I can find something Texan tonight.         

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Fitting for our current era! I hope the traveling goes smoothly.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Did you see that painted on the old (grain?) towers off 44? I think, could have been some other similar ones but was done in STL recently.