Friday, December 29, 2017

I Forgot Ludwig's Birthday


First, I don't think enough of my Facebook readers went down to the end of the text in yesterday's STL Daily Photo post.

I've had a virus or bad cold or something that's really slowed me down all week. So, while I've been reading and watching videos about the Fuji and playing with it a bit indoors, I have not had it out on the street. That leaves me combing other recent material shot with the Canon. 

Beethoven's Birthday was December 16 and I should have noted it. (And Mahler, my idol, has the same birthday as my father, which is really weird if you are into that kind of stuff. But I share a birthday with Ansel Adams, so there. And also Kurt Cobain. But I digress.) This bust is in what is sometimes called composers circle. It is an arrangement of columns and busts surrounding a gazebo in Tower Grove Park, reflecting the taste in music of rich local guys ca. 1900. They got L v B, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Schubert, Verdi and Gounod. (Not Bach.) I might be forgetting someone. Not great art, just a little gem of STL strangeness.

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Drink tea. Get plenty of rest.

Ludwig looks grumpy. Perhaps demanding that we listen to some of his music in recompense for the missed birthday.